Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.

Article about: Ok, so this sort of kit is not my bag. I am a German ww.2 collector, especially items with a direct proven connection with the Channel Islands. So these bits are a bit beyond me. I take it t

Default WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.

Ok, so this sort of kit is not my bag. I am a German ww.2 collector, especially items with a direct proven connection with the Channel Islands. So these bits are a bit beyond me. I take it they are British WW.1 items, somewhat worn but in still really good condition for the age. I would appreciate any info on these pieces and if possible a indication as to what the lot may be worth. I will be looking to move it on as its not in any way my sort thing and I would rather keep to what I know and someone who appreciates these items have them for their collection. I know its not normal policy to price items but as stated I have no idea what I have, if they are rare, common etc. Any help would be much appreciated.
    All th ebest from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.   WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.  

WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.   WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.  

WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.   WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.  

WW.1 Flying helmet, goggles and gloves.  

Hi D,

WW1 or early 1920s as the inscription in the Flying Helmet Suggests. I am not a RFC but expert I would say you have several hundreds of pounds worth of kit noting also that the condition of all pieces looks to be good. I'll see if I can locate some period pictures of the kit in use.

Just located a similar (ish) grouping on a dealers site at £540(not sold mind you!)

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your info, much appreciated. As you say the other kit has not sold at £540. I just need someone who is interested to make me a good offer or trade on some ww.2 German kit and its there's.
    D.

?

Nice stuff. Hard to find.