Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith

Article about: WW1 and Mexican Border uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith. Walter Bragg Smith joined the Alabama National Guard and served on the Mexican border with the rank of Sgt. He later went to OCS and ev

Default WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith

WW1 and Mexican Border uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith.
    Walter Bragg Smith joined the Alabama National Guard and served on the Mexican border with the rank of Sgt. He later went to OCS and eventually was assigned to the 82nd Division attaining the rank of Captain.
    Shown is his M-1902 summer weight tunic with the early blue sgt stripes and the very rare 1902 campaign hat.
    Also included is his WW1 82nd Captains tunic with 82nd patch, 327th Infantry Collar insignia, sam brown belt, mexican border and WW1 Victory ribbons. And his camoflauge helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith   WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith  

WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith   WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith  

WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith   WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith  

WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith  

Default Re: WW1 82nd and Mexican Border Uniforms of Walter Bragg Smith

I really like the 82nd division tunic.

It was also called that ALL AMERICAN division, The 82nd was renamed to the 82nd Airborne Division. Before the start of WW2, when we started using Airborne units.

That's a great 82nd division tunic you have there.

Brian

Sgt York is one of my heros.Just was at the site that made him famous last month and pick-up some relics.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    It was also called that ALL AMERICAN division, The 82nd was renamed to the 82nd Airborne Division. Before the start of WW2, when we started using Airborne units.

That's a great 82nd division tunic you have there.

Brian
    Brian,
    Thanks, one of my favorites.
    Terry

I served with the 82nd on my 2nd tour in Iraq.

Brian

I served with the 82nd on my 2nd tour in Iraq.

Brian
    Brian,
    Thanks for your service, you guys are in my and my wifes thoughts and prayers daily.
    I feel for anyone that has to serve in that part of the world. I spent some time in that area while assigned to 10th SFG in 1965-66, most miserable place on earth. The 82nd is my favorite unit. I started my career in the 82nd as an enlisted man with the Raider Detachment. Later returned to the 82nd in 1975 as a Captain to command the gunship platoon in the 82nd Aviation Battalion. Having served with SF, 101st, 82nd and a couple "leg" units I have always had a warm fuzzy spot in my heart for the division.
    If your still on active duty, keep your head down and stay safe.

Terry

I started out with 5th SFG ( Airborne ), out of Campbell, then i was with the 82nd on my 2nd tour, and was injured on my 3rd tour with 3rd ID. in Iraq, so i am now out of the military with a full medical out, and of course an Honorable Discharge.

And, no i was'nt a leg. ( LOL )

I kept on volunteering to stay in Iraq with different units, because they was in need of soldiers that knew the MSR's over there, and also knew the Sheriffs net, and of course the routes to, and from the LSA's, and the FOB's also

I'm 100% service connected through the VA.

I'd probably still be in Iraq if it was'nt for the EFP/IED that took out our Humvee, just north of Baghdad heading to LSA Balad on MSR Tampa.

It was this incident that ended my military career.

But i have no regrets, as i did what all Americans should be doing right now.

Brian

I started out with 5th SFG ( Airborne ), out of Campbell, then i was with the 82nd on my 2nd tour, and was injured on my 3rd tour with 3rd ID. in Iraq, so i am now out of the military with a full medical out, and of course an Honorable Discharge.

And, no i was'nt a leg. ( LOL )

I kept on volunteering to stay in Iraq with different units, because they was in need of soldiers that knew the MSR's over there, and also knew the Sheriffs net, and of course the routes to, and from the LSA's, and the FOB's also

I'm 100% service connected through the VA.

I'd probably still be in Iraq if it was'nt for the EFP/IED that took out our Humvee, just north of Baghdad heading to LSA Balad on MSR Tampa.

It was this incident that ended my military career.

But i have no regrets, as i did what all Americans should be doing right now.

Brian
    You are right brother.Thank you for everything you have done for us.