Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 AIF memorial scroll

Article about: I have been offered this scroll and the seller is disposing of someone else's estate and will accept a reasonable offer, but I have no idea what these sell ofr. Can anyone give me a ballpark

Default WW1 AIF memorial scroll

I have been offered this scroll and the seller is disposing of someone else's estate and will accept a reasonable offer, but I have no idea what these sell ofr.

Can anyone give me a ballpark valuation? You can pm if you want to keep it private.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 AIF memorial scroll  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

You may have come across this Jerry, but just in case: https://www.aif.adfa.edu.au/showPerson?pid=320010

As for value I think the scrolls alone are a bit subjective. Just looking at prices, they seem to range from about £15 to £70. Just saw an AIF scroll that sold for around £30. Personally I think about £30 would be tops for me as it is on its own.

I managed to find out some of his details.

Private
    Unit 50th Battalion
    Corps Australian Infantry
    Force Australian Imperial Force

Date of Death 11/06/1917
    Cause Died of wounds
    Age 35
    Next of Kin Son of Thomas and Eliza Wheaton. Native of Plympton, South Australia.

He is buried here. BAILLEUL COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION (NORD) III.C.55.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    You may have come across this Jerry, but just in case: https://www.aif.adfa.edu.au/showPerson?pid=320010

As for value I think the scrolls alone are a bit subjective. Just looking at prices, they seem to range from about £15 to £70. Just saw an AIF scroll that sold for around £30. Personally I think about £30 would be tops for me as it is on its own.
    thanks mate, I took a guess and offered twenty quid.
    Regards,

Jerry

Sounds good to me. Let us know if you get it.

fingers crossed.

He said I could have it for £15 plus P&P.
    Regards,

Jerry

Service papers...

Cheers, Tom

WW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scrollWW1 AIF memorial scroll

Thanks Tom, I really appreciate you taking the time to find and post his papers for me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Anon View Post
    He said I could have it for £15 plus P&P.
    That's a bargain!.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast