Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 British officer mannequin

Article about: Hi All This is the first display mannequin that I have put together everything seen, bar the shirt and tie, is to my knowledge of Great war or earlier vintage. The jacket itself, although no

Default WW1 British officer mannequin

Hi All

This is the first display mannequin that I have put together everything seen, bar the shirt and tie, is to my knowledge of Great war or earlier vintage.
    The jacket itself, although not cuff rank appears to be a very early shoulder-rank jacket. I have been told that features such as the rounded epaulettes, the ticket pocket, the lack of turn ups on the cuff, two internal pockets on the left breast and an internal field dressing pocket all point to the jacket being early. The jacket also has the benefit of being in unworn condition with the original paper remaining on the buttons.
    The Sam Browne pre-dates the Great war and is in-fact of Boer war/Sudan vintage with rounded sword loops and the cross strap having a loop for the greatcoat roll.
    The binoculars and case are 1917 dated.
    The India pattern water bottle and cradle are ww1 vintage and are named to a lt. Goode of the R.N.V.R.
    The sword is a standard British infantry 1897 pattern with a GVR Cypher.
    The map case is also to my knowledge original.

WW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequin

Any criticism or advice on authenticity would be great.

Thanks

Liam

?

Nice one Well Done Liam, Looks Great.

Greg

A nice set, but the sword would not have been worn for this late war set up, use was discontinued in 1915 (other than Cavalry). The binoculars would not have been worn on the back like that, typically on a separate strap slung forward, and the map case more to the side/front. The jacket is very typical of 1918 after orders were issued giving preference to shoulder ranked insignia and basic non-pointed cuff, but an old sweat would probably have continued with cuffrank, esp an artilleryman as they would be set back from the lines unless functioning as a forward observor.

Looks really good. It would be great to see some pics of the jacket without the belts etc on it to see the ticket pocket and internal pockets.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice. See you in a couple of weeks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi All

Thanks for the comments, here are a few pics of the features of the jacket without the kit on.
    WW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequinWW1 British officer mannequin

Thanks,

Liam