MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?

Article about: I picked up this rather interesting Brodie on ebay the other week. At first I was a bit wary of the label attached to the helmet. But then I figured that the helmet was definately genuine, s

Default WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?

I picked up this rather interesting Brodie on ebay the other week. At first I was a bit wary of the label attached to the helmet. But then I figured that the helmet was definately genuine, so the addition of a label wouldn't add anything to the value. The thick paint on the helmet appears to be of differing shades. There are maker's marks to the inside, But I can't make them out.

The label reads... 'British helmet of it's world war. 22-4-24. Souvenir of France. Evidence of an early battlefield pick-up perhaps?

Harry.

WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?

Default Re: WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?

Very nice and the label adds character and history IMO and probably value as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: WW1 British raw edge Brodie. Early battlefield souvenir?

now this is my cup of tea harry fantastic raw edge brodie,nice condition too for nearly 100 years old,great catch,cheers dave.