Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW1 Brodie Helmet

Article about: Hi, I'm completely new to this forum so please be gentle with me. I recently acquired a WW1 Brodie helmet in quite good condition. Engraved into the underside of the rim is 'ZC305' and on th

simond9x
    ?

Default WW1 Brodie Helmet

Hi,
    I'm completely new to this forum so please be gentle with me. I recently acquired a WW1 Brodie helmet in quite good condition. Engraved into the underside of the rim is 'ZC305' and on the front is a painted insignia (see attached photo - sorry it's a bit blurred).

Any ideas on what it is?

Many thanks,
    Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Brodie Helmet  

Default Re: WW1 Brodie Helmet

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum!

The helmet insignia is American and is for the Armoured Corps.

Cheers, Ade.

simond9x
    ?

Thanks, Ade

That's disappointing - I bought it as British. Ah well, lesson learnt..... do more research before buying!

I've also got 6 WW1 German M16s and a pickelhaube. I hardly dare mention them in case I'm told they're all Bulgarian, Finnish or replicas.

Hi Simon, I hink the armoured Corps insignia is actually a nice one to have though.

Place the other helmets on the forum, it is always best to know

Cheers, Ade.

?

About 15 years ago I got about 15 pieces like that, with the same front insignia under the paint, inside was the Soviet re-issue stamps- 1924 dated, probably that one cames from this bunch?
    Do you have other pictures of the liner?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

simond9x
    ?

The liner's pretty 'minging' (as my daughter would say) - very smelly and very fragile and needs a good airing. Photos below. It's held in place by the strap which is affixed to the centre of the helmet and then passes through the 2 side strap holders. Around its circumference are small pockets with some kind of (leather?) cylinders. No other engravings visible.

Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Brodie Helmet  

simond9x
    ?

You asked me to post the other helmets.

Here's the first of 3 camos. Please don't spoil this one for me (or at least let me down gently) as it's my favourite. It's damaged. You can see an impact area to the upper right front and a split running away from it. There are also 2 more impact areas on the upper right hand side/top (visible in #3).

Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Brodie Helmet  

WW1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Brodie Helmet  

WW1 Brodie Helmet  

simond9x
    ?

And here's a non-camo. Engraved SH66. I'm away for a couple of days now so the rest will follow later.

WW1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Brodie Helmet  

WW1 Brodie Helmet  

?

hello!
    very nice helmets
    i think SH (siemens u.halske a.g)is a rare producer.
    greets lir2

beorn
    ?

Very nice helmets!! I really like the cammo painted german, it has a very nice camo pattern!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast