Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Brodie Helmet?

Article about: Greetings, I have a complete WWI Brodie Helmet. I believe made by Hadfields Ltd. The stamp H.S and the number 29 beside it is visible. There is also a red stamping under the lining that is n

Default WW1 Brodie Helmet?

Greetings,

I have a complete WWI Brodie Helmet. I believe made by Hadfields Ltd. The stamp H.S and the number 29 beside it is visible. There is also a red stamping under the lining that is not readable. The helmet is in a rough shape but I'm glade it was complete.

I thought I would share this one with you all.

Regards
    Skip

WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?

NCA
    ?

Nice lid.This is the late way version without the rubber ring in the liner.
    The red stamp is the 'Brodie's Patent' stamp.What sort of price was it if you don't mind me asking?Just curious what these are going for now...

NCA
    ?

Just checked my book on these and it says the patent was approved in August 1916.The red stamp on yours reads:BRODIE'S STEEL HELMET REGISTERED No.861,899 WAR OFFICE PATTERN PATENT No.11,803/15. So it dates from around summer 1916.The red stamp previous to this had 'patent applied for' at the bottom.

Greetings NCA

I was able to snatch this one for $70.-. Thank you for the info on the stamping. I wonder what this helmet and owner went through.

?

I think it was May 1917 when the rubber ring was introduced so, if it's not there it dates the helmet from August 1916 (as NCA mentions) to April 1917.

$70 is a steal, you must have picked it up in the US.

Tony

Thank you Tony, yes, even though I'm an Aussie I live in the States and added thins one to my collection. I found the helmet in an antique store. There is no rubber ring on this model. I also have an interesting - British 1888 MkI- Type 2 bayonet from the 2nd Boer War first issued 1903 as far as I could see. I believe this one was issued in Canada.

WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?WW1 Brodie Helmet?

A great pick up for that price.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.