Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and Lids

Article about: Here is a display I have put together today, as I had these in different places, it is a Holliday here so I have time to do this. The first Canadian Uniform ( the one on the right) is the 87

?

Default WW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and Lids

Here is a display I have put together today, as I had these in different places, it is a Holliday here so I have time to do this.

The first Canadian Uniform ( the one on the right) is the 87th Battn CEF, the Canadian Grenadier Guards, he was lewis Gunner that was wounded, he has a good Conduct stripe as well as well as 4 years overseas, the webbing is repro however everything else including gas mask ( American) and the ammo sling are 100%, The next Canadian Uniform is the 2nd Canadian Mounted Rifles, 2nd BC regt, it has an original Canadian/British Gas Mask and ammo sling, the Gas Mask pouch also contains the anti-dimming container as well as spare Lenses

The German uniform speaks for itself, I may be getting rid of this as I have a Mint Canadian Tunic I would like to display.

I did not see this before I put everything together, however 2 of my WW1 Canadian Helmets have shrapnel holes in almost the same place

Hope you enjoy!!

Dean O
    Canada

WW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and LidsWW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and LidsWW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and LidsWW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and LidsWW1 Canadian and German Uniforms and Lids

MAP
    ?

Thats a beautiful display you have there Dean. Green with envy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you so Very Much, do you collect WW1 Yourself? As I am sure you know, many Americans Joined the CEF before the US got involved in a combat roll during that War..I have a Medal to one of those men..and a Very interesting History he has!!!!

Dean O
    Canada

A great display Dean, the Canadian uniforms are not something I have seen in the UK, a rare treat for us Brits IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CampX View Post
    Thank you so Very Much, do you collect WW1 Yourself? As I am sure you know, many Americans Joined the CEF before the US got involved in a combat roll during that War..I have a Medal to one of those men..and a Very interesting History he has!!!!

Dean O
    Canada
    I have a few WWI items. No more than a dozen or so. My pride and joy is a US Field service helmet..........

US Field Service Adrian Helmet WWI

And been looking to pick up a nice US uniform (to suplement the moth eaten one I currently have).

BTW....The German Uniform and cap you have is really nice.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

US WW1 Tunics are very inexpensive compaired to the other Allies, I have seen good badged tunics go for just over $100..hell I would buy any British or Canadian Tunic for that in a Heart beat...I would guess that many Americans ( by the shows I see on TV, think the War started in 1917 and the Americans won it in a short time...not making fun of you or any other Americans....Just Hollywood and as a sad note..many Amreicans..and others "LEARN" from TV...just think that pile of crap " Ingloririous Bastards"..or what ever..and the American Public this this is true~~~

DEan O

looks a great display Dean.

I see WWI US tunics fairly often and they are very cheap compared to UK and Canadian etc examples as Dean mentioned, in fact there is one for sale in the forum classifieds as we speak.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CampX View Post
    US WW1 Tunics are very inexpensive compaired to the other Allies, I have seen good badged tunics go for just over $100..hell I would buy any British or Canadian Tunic for that in a Heart beat...I would guess that many Americans ( by the shows I see on TV, think the War started in 1917 and the Americans won it in a short time...not making fun of you or any other Americans....Just Hollywood and as a sad note..many Amreicans..and others "LEARN" from TV...just think that pile of crap " Ingloririous Bastards"..or what ever..and the American Public this this is true~~~

DEan O
    Quote by Anon View Post
    I see WWI US tunics fairly often and they are very cheap compared to UK and Canadian etc examples as Dean mentioned, in fact there is one for sale in the forum classifieds as we speak.
    Thanks Anon/Dean,

Yes, I've been poking around looking for just the right one. Know they are fairly inexpensive but saving up for an FJ helmet and a few other higher cost items so......haven't pulled a trigger on one yet.

Plus in the same boat as you Dean.....not enough mannequins. I did come across a really nice US Rainbow Divsion one a little while ago (they were stationed in my hometown) but missed out on it.

And WWI didn't start in 1917??

Michael