Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Canadian Officers Tunic

Article about: I am glad of that Dean I have seen two other pairs that were date stamped over the years one pair last week I will see if I can find the link. Regatds Mark K

?

Default WW1 Canadian Officers Tunic

Well here is another item I bought yesterday from an old collection that I have been picking at for sometime
    Interesting WW1 Officers Tunic, no shoulder straps, but it is named and dated.
    I would rather have a Privates Infantry tunic, but you can only buy what you find.
    I know a few WW1 Collectors that would buy this from me or offer me some trade of the things I like

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

WW1 Canadian Officers TunicWW1 Canadian Officers TunicWW1 Canadian Officers TunicWW1 Canadian Officers TunicWW1 Canadian Officers Tunic

?

Interesting Tunic Dean definitely not regulation issue with out a doubt a tailored private purchase item any signs of were there was any insignia attached .

Regards Mark K

?

Hello, there are no signs of any insignia, however a Civilian would not be allowed to wear something like this in Wartime, and it shows signs of being worn as can be seen from the lining and the belt.
    Another odd bit that some "experts" would say, cannot be real.

Take Care

Dean

?

Dean I did not say it was not real just find it an interesting tunic and was curious if there were any signs of insignia and or collar dogs.
    During the first war it was very common for officers and NCO's to either have private purchase and or tailor altered uniforms which according to regulation was forbidden but for the most part was largely ignored.

Regards Mark K

?

Mark, I am sorry if you took my reply the wrong way, I am also wondering about that, and as many on this worldwide forum know little about Canadian Items, I was just trying to explain why I thought it was good, no affront to you in anyway my Friend!!!
    Well for "some Reason" Canadian in WW1 where thought of as a bit wild by the British..and in many cases that goes up to the Officers
    All Officers kit was Private Purchase unless they drew from the QM, then they still had to pay for it...in both World Wars, so this leads to some "Experts" telling us they would not have had or used this or that.....that's crap.

Early this year or late last year, a Canadian Officers trunk was opened for the first time on 60 years, did you see that?
    Well there was a lot of Non- Military items he had in it, all items he bought and used, including an American shinny Flashlight..go figure!! LOL

Anyway again, I am sorry if you were offended by my reply, I never ment it that way.

Dean O

?

LOL it takes a lot more than that to bother me Dean I have been married twice .
    I as well as you have seen many an altered or private purchase CEF tunic over the years that do not fall in the norm per say.

Regards Mark K

?

Thanks Mark, I AM offensive enough, just ask some of the people I deal with, However you have not caused me any problems "SO Far" so you are in my good books!!! LOL

BY the way, Have you ever seen WW2 Dated RCAF Plimsole shoes??? I bought a pair in North Bay this past week, I have never seen them before and did not know they existed

Dean O

Hi Dean, have you tried to research the name?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Just got it Adrian, and not my thing, so it is not a first thing to do, and the last name is somewhat common, so it could take sometime to go online to the Canadian WW1 Files to find him..our files for WW1 are on line, well some of them are, however I think that as I probably will not keep this, it is better to let someone else do the work, no I am not lazy, that's just the way I am.

Dean

Hi Dean, I love research type projects.

Just taken at look at the Myles'. But no luck with anyone with these initials.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast