Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 dated Bugle.

Article about: Nice old bugle picked up on my travels 1915 dated interesting may have been used during the war i do know Hawkes the maker was apparently a bugler for Queen Victoria so nice connection.

Default ww1 dated Bugle.

Nice old bugle picked up on my travels 1915 dated interesting may have been used during the war i do know Hawkes the maker was apparently a bugler for Queen Victoria so nice connection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 dated Bugle.   ww1 dated Bugle.  

Always nice to see dated bugles, I have yet to find one on my travels, very nice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

No WD stamp and crows foot though!

could it of been private purchase? just a thought although the average Bugler would of been poor i guess?

There is no way of knowing. As a rule, all military bugles were usually marked with the WD property stamp. Bugles were also made for many other user's - such as Boy Scouts and other organisations. A WW1 date doesn't make it a military bugle. But just to show the opposite side of the argument, I have a Henry Potter Fife which is in a 1916 dated leather case without WD stamps, but is known to have been used in a military band.