MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet

Article about: Had this little beauty in my collection for nearly 10 years. It is undoubtedly a British helmet by the fact it is marked HS 404 which is Hadfields Ltd Sheffield (manufactured these helmets f

Default WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet

Had this little beauty in my collection for nearly 10 years. It is undoubtedly a British helmet by the fact it is marked HS 404 which is Hadfields Ltd Sheffield (manufactured these helmets from 1916 to 1919). It has the split rivets holding the chin strap in place. It has the Brodie patent stamp on the oil cloth on the inside. It has the overlapping welded rim. I have taken a close up of the different textures and colours on this helmet as you can see it has been well used. If I missed anything out let me know Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet  

WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet  

WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet   WW1 Great War Biitish Mark 1 Brodie Helmet  

?

The colour of the net and felt are usually different to US manufactured helmets too, or at least from what I've seen. They're getting difficult to find in such a great condition.

Tony

That's a very nice example!

Nice find!...

?

Very nice example. If I'm not mistaken, the small dimples on the chinstrap indicate british vs a smooth US chinstrap. Great helmet!

?

Quote by birkie View Post
    Very nice example. If I'm not mistaken, the small dimples on the chinstrap indicate british vs a smooth US chinstrap. Great helmet!
    That's interesting, I didn't know that so will keep my eyes peeled if I see a US helmet.

Tony