Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 hospital cups

Article about: To add to this, is has: Steelite, Vitrified Globe Pottery Co. Ltd, England, Supplied by J.Dynon & Son Melbourne. Stamped on the bottom.

Default WW1 hospital cups

Hi all, hope you're all well,

Just thought i share with you my collection of WW1 era Hospital Invalid Cups. I have about 20 in total all slightly different.

Hope you like them

Vicky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 hospital cups  

Default Re: WW1 hospital cups

staf.pots?.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    staf.pots?.
    Staf Pots?

Well done...a terrific collection. Interest in Red Cross items has definitely increased and these would look good in most any collection...!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Well done...a terrific collection. Interest in Red Cross items has definitely increased and these would look good in most any collection...!
    cheers, Glenn
    Cheers Glenn, i love them, just bought another two which i'm waiting to get delivered.

?

That's an unusual collection field but an interesting one. Are these common? What sort of prices do they command?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I can honestly say that I've never seen such a large number of the invalid feeders and all in one place! Excellent grouping! I especially like the Red Cross marked pieces! What is the story on the one with the red Maltese Cross?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for the comments. The prices vary like everything really, i've been lucky enough to pick a few up for £1 each but some have cost £25. On the auction sites they tend to go for over £15. So not highly valuable items but i think they are a great bit of history.

Hi William, i dont fully know the story of the one with the Maltese Cross. Ive only recently started collecting. However, one of them has VICTORIAN HOSPITALS ASSOCIATION written around the actual cross. Could also be from a different country.

?

Victorian hospitals association is an Aussie association which is now part of the Australian hospitals association

From what I can see they started in 1946, so no doubt used at repat hospitals, there's a large one at Heidleberg in Melbourne which has a long history going back to WW1, and still in service today.....they even looked after the crew of the German raider SKS Emden after it was sunk in WW1

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Victorian hospitals association is an Aussie association which is now part of the Australian hospitals association
    Thanks for the information!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast