Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Naval Binoculars

Article about: I picked up these binoculars at an estate sale. They were next to a bunch of other military things. I am struggling to find out exactly what they are. I found some "similar" ones o

Default WW1 Naval Binoculars

I picked up these binoculars at an estate sale. They were next to a bunch of other military things. I am struggling to find out exactly what they are. I found some "similar" ones on websites stating they believed they were naval, but they were not sure and did not know the manufacturer. There seems to be no markings on them anywhere. Optics are still clear.

Thanks,
    Phil

WW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval Binoculars

Here is a Very similar pair that just sold recently for $560(plus $13 S+H). These are considerably older than WWI and are, technically, "Dual Twin Telescopes" as they were called then. The pair in the photo was made in France by Lemaire. Oddly enough, your pair seems to either have had all of the bluing removed or else they came that way for some unknown reason. They are quite collectable for the Bino's collectors and they look to be in really nice condition. Good to see the original case with them as well! Nice find! WW1 Naval BinocularsWW1 Naval Binoculars
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."