Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Nurses scrap book makes National News

Article about: I get a quote in the Daily Mail: First World War nurse's scrapbook of horrors of the Western Front found in attic | Daily Mail Online On Friday I am on Radio Derby to talk about this album.

Default WW1 Nurses scrap book makes National News

I get a quote in the Daily Mail:

First World War nurse's scrapbook of horrors of the Western Front found in attic | Daily Mail Online

On Friday I am on Radio Derby to talk about this album. I had the pleasure of bringing it home to read, a nice perk of the job

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice Ade, and fitting that it be brought
    out at this time.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve, the timing is indeed perfect.

I really hope it does well in the sale.

Her Dad was a General.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hope that these set of documents will be well preserved, as you mentioned in the article. It gives us an idea and another perspective of the horrors of war that took place and cost those poor brave soldiers lifes

Reg
    ?

What time are you on Ade? I'm in the shed most of tomorrow do I'll listen in 😊

3pm

Reg
    ?

Sounded good Ade! Andy Potter interviewed me in my shed 3 years ago about harp making... After 45 minutes of me gibbering he stood up and said his stool was a bit Uncomfortable.... I didn't tell him it was a sheeted up M1910 maxim 😉. I'll have a look at it at the sale, do you know if there's any .303 stuff in the firearms sale btw? I've a category on the ticket I'm itching to fill. 😀. Cheers. Reg

Thanks Reg. I was pleased with how it went.

The sale is set up. Nothing .303 wise sadly.

Off into work this morning, been all go this week!

The diary made middle page spread of the Daily Mirror. I got a quote.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Thanks Ade, I'll try and nip in this week sometime and stick my beak in . Lol off to Cornwall today, I got sent a signed book by Geofrey Wellum and I've not bought the sender a pint as thanks yet.... Only 18 months late, which is quite speedy for me. 😀

You go Ade! It's nice to rub elbows with with the stars here ;-)

I think it should be scanned and published, she might be more than just a little "amused" at the interest. In a way, it's just as important as Anne Frank's diary. It's an account of the horrors of war, the futility of it, the damage done, that can never be undone...

Also an account of the sheer guts of these women, the stuff they saw... would stay with you for a lifetime. You have to be strong to withstand this kind of emotional turmoil. I don't think there's one in ten of us today that could do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast