Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Portuguese display

Article about: by Ingrid Patrouille Very nice, Nuno! Thanks for showing. The Portuguese mauser is easy to find over here. The helmets not. What book is that? Regards Hi Ingrid, thanks. Dont mind the book,

Default WW1 Portuguese display

Hi, this is just a small display i have created this morning, my 1904 deactivated vergueiro rifle, with all matching numbers, used in the defense of colonies against the german invasion and both of my 1917 CDT helmets, used in territorial defense by the portuguese legion.
    Enjoy.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Portuguese display   WW1 Portuguese display  

WW1 Portuguese display  

Default Re: WW1 Portuguese display

Very nice! I don't think I have ever seen Portuguese stuff for sale. I expect you search pretty well for it.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Very nice! I don't think I have ever seen Portuguese stuff for sale. I expect you search pretty well for it.
    Thanks, even here its dificult to find items on sale, and when you do, it costs a fortune.
    Here, a uniform, if original, will not cost less then 4000 euros.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Very nice...... I picked up a fluted M1916 about a year ago, one of those M1917s sure would look great next to it. Maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on to one someday.

Russ

As for helmets, the M17 was british made and then given to portuguese forces around 7million of them were made, the m16 is a diferent story, very hard to find, i have seen a couple for sale for prices of until 300, 400 euros, the M16 from the portuguese legion are on sale for 800, 900 euros. Then you have to consider the gear we used in france was almost all british made, uniforms, rifles, gas masks, etc... however in the african colonies we used our own gear, that gear today is almost impossible to find and when something apears on sale, it will cost a fortune.

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Very nice...... I picked up a fluted M1916 about a year ago, one of those M1917s sure would look great next to it. Maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on to one someday.

Russ
    Hi russ, you have the holy grail right there with the fluted m16, findind a cdt m17 wont take long.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Very nice, Nuno! Thanks for showing.
    The Portuguese mauser is easy to find over here. The helmets not.

What book is that?

Regards

My M1916 is just a shell, liner is long long gone, and no markings....nice coat of rust but all in one piece. Got it for what I think was a good price ($125US) from a guy here in the states who had (might still have) a bunch of them he picked up in a surplus sale I am assuming. I saw several pass through Ebay for much more so I picked one of these up before they were no longer available at that price.

Here is the link to the site I got my M1916 at just in case anyone might be interested:

Hayes Otoupalik

Russ
    Last edited by MySonsDad; 09-20-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added Info

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    My M1916 is just a shell, liner is long long gone, and no markings....nice coat of rust but all in one piece. Got it for what I think was a good price ($125US) from a guy here in the states who had (might still have) a bunch of them he picked up in a surplus sale I am assuming. I saw several pass through Ebay for much more so I picked one of these up before they were no longer available at that price.
    Russ, it does not matter, a fluted m16, fully rusted, no liner, in the country of origin(here) will not go for less than 200 euros.
    You have got the holy grail.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Nuno, I just edited my last post to include the link to the site where I got mine, he still has them listed so I assume he still has more of them available.

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast