Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 RFC RAF Officers Visor Cap

Article about: I have my eye on a WW1 RFC /RAF Visor Cap listed on ebay. These caps are a bit out of my comfort zone so I'm hoping some of the experts out there could kindly share their thoughts. It looks

?

Default WW1 RFC RAF Officers Visor Cap

I have my eye on a WW1 RFC /RAF Visor Cap listed on ebay. These caps are a bit out of my comfort zone so I'm hoping some of the experts out there could kindly share their thoughts. It looks original to me and the wear seems consistent with the era. The strap buttons look like replacements but everything else seems good. I've never been able to differentiate the WW1 from the WW2 cap badges but I think (?) this one is an original WW1 badge.

Thoughts and comments are much appreciated.

Cheers,
    KD

ww1/1918 pattern RAF Officers Service Dress Cap | eBay

Its a WW first pattern RAF Khaki (not RFC at all, it no longer existed when this was authorized) officers Service dress cap, 1918-19 period only. A nice example that is ‘as made’ but the patent leather brims typically shrink and crack , this one is a bit worse than usual but not a deal breaker. The buttons are original, the fabric cover on the is usually not colorfast. These are not uncommon but often come with high price tags for some reason.

?

thank you, very helpful perspective on the cap. I don't mind the condition and almost prefer the wear and tear to a mint condition example. It is indeed pricey, offered at 895 gbp.

?

Looks nice but £900 is an awfully large sum of money. It’s not like a German helmet that has mass appeal. This will only appeal to a few people but not at that price. However if you have to have it you have to have it. Rob

?

Thanks Rob, I agree, excessively expensive. I don't absolutely have to have it so I'm not prepared to pay asking price. Any idea of what a reasonable price for this example?
    Thank you

Nice cap, I would love to have one in my collection but this one is way too pricey imo
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.