Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -

Article about: Thanks Mark . I think i found the haversack a bit less , but £100 seems usual . I was lucky to find two types of map case , The canvas one ,more complex, i got off a Polish Dealer buddy . He

Default Re: Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -

Thanks Mark . I think i found the haversack a bit less , but £100 seems usual . I was lucky to find two types of map case , The canvas one ,more complex, i got off a Polish Dealer buddy . He stated its the type RFC prefered though i think its personel preference with privately bought kit . The cellophane one was a snip at £20 ! Also picked up a good condition pair of officer riding boots from WW1 era .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -   Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -  

Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -  

HI Rob,

Nice additions again you have done well on prices. I was lucky with my last officers haversack a flea market find at a good price. Markets still a good source of less well documented militaria particularly officers private purchase stuff.

regards

Mark

Heres a couple pictures of the lining . Its rather like a pith helmet liner in style . Typical that officers wanted something a little more neat than the rank and file !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -   Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -  

Heres a couple pictures of the raw edge private purchase Brodie liner Mark . Rather like a pith helmet lining . I expect this was more comfortable to wear allowing ventilation as opposed to the troops oilcloth inners.

Very nice addition Rob

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ive improved on the set a little with more cohesive photographs . the officers private purchase haversack is ripped so i had to repair . it didnt have the shoulder strap , but the dog clips hook over the Sam Browne sword rings and i think this may have been done ....Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -

Attachment 500737Attachment 500740Attachment 500741Attachment 500742Ive improved on the set a little with more cohesive photographs . the officers private purchase haversack is ripped so i had to repair . it didnt have the shoulder strap , but the dog clips hook over the Sam Browne sword rings and i think this may have been done ....Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -
    Last edited by Rob truscott; 04-17-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: too many pics

Rob,

Very nice indeed. I have to be honest and say I covet your Officers Brodie and cover!!!

Mark

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Heres a couple pictures of the raw edge private purchase Brodie liner Mark . Rather like a pith helmet lining . I expect this was more comfortable to wear allowing ventilation as opposed to the troops oilcloth inners.
    Indeed very like that found in a pith helmet and even made by a maker of pith helmets, Hawkes & Co. Here is my pith by the same maker, officers private purchase version.

Great uniform and equipment and the helmet is just superb.

Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -   Ww1 royal artillery majors sd tunic with officer equipment -  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Superb display! Very Very Nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast