Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW1 Trio and Iraq GSM

Article about: After being offered a new job, i thought there was no better way to celebrate than treating myself to a new set of medals. I picked this trio and Iraq GSM up from a local auction. Shame the

Default Re: WW1 Trio and Iraq GSM

A great group and congrats on the new job.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The Iraq bar for the General Service Medal was issued for service between December 1919 to November 1920.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The Iraq bar for the General Service Medal was issued for service between December 1919 to November 1920.
    Thank You Jerry. The guy had one hell of a service career. Will be doing further research into him for sure.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Thank You Jerry. The guy had one hell of a service career. Will be doing further research into him for sure.
    Indeed, some of them served a long time and got around a lot. I have a service book for one soldier who served with the Welch regiment from 1919 to 1931, seeing action in Waziristan and then rejoined in 1940 and served with the Cheshire and Kings regiments before ending up in the Royal Welch Fusiliers until wars end.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Some lovely medals there V you choose very well....Interesting GSM too.....Cheers Terry.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed, some of them served a long time and got around a lot. I have a service book for one soldier who served with the Welch regiment from 1919 to 1931, seeing action in Waziristan and then rejoined in 1940 and served with the Cheshire and Kings regiments before ending up in the Royal Welch Fusiliers until wars end.
    Crikey! Certainly had a colorful life then! I bet that medal set would be a sight for sore eyes!

Can you do better pics of both sides of the Iraq medal? I just want to compere it with a modern one.

Thanks
    Ben

Will do now Ben. Do you have a modern one you could show so i can compare too

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Will do now Ben. Do you have a modern one you could show so i can compare too
    Yes mate will do, I will have to dig it out of my drawer and clean it, I will do it tomorrow, on nights at mo
    Ben

Here you go Ben. Hope they show it well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Trio and Iraq GSM   WW1 Trio and Iraq GSM  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast