Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ww1 trio set.

Article about: Hi folk,i no nothing really of medals in general,so asking for some help to A-maybe track service record-PTE A.E.J SMITH.4392 A.C.YC.CORPS.B-what was the cycling corp?C-what is the dark meda

Quote by Mark Holden View Post
    The incorrect mounting of the British War Medals and Victory Medal ribbons is a relatively common error committed by the original receipients. It looks like the Victory medal ribbon(rainbow colours) has been with the war medal a long time. Its up to you if you want to put the medals on the correct ribbon alternatively you may choose to leave tham as Pte Smith or his family wore them.

regards

Mark
    Indeed, this pair WWI I have came the wrong way whilst my dads WWII medals are on the correct medals but are the wrong way round, as WWII medals have to be mounted with the dark blue first. Vets often mounted them as they wanted without knowing what was correct, with my dads medals being "wrong" until I had had them for years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 trio set.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I've just remembered I have a pair mounted in the wrong order (50/50 chance of getting it correct) but the BWM shows the reverse to the front. The reverse of medals are usually better looking than the obverse I reckon and the soldier or wife who mounted them originally obviously thought so too.

Last week on Orkney I saw this pair as part of the exhibition of the battle of Jutland and Orkney during WWI which has a pair with the ribbons on the wrong way round.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 trio set.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I get quite a few medals in each month at work with transposed ribbons.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3