MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 U.S. Dog Tags

Article about: I just got these today. All 3 are from the same soldier. Before buying them, I looked him up and found that he was a WW1 vet, and is buried in his home state of PA. So... I assume these are

Default WW1 U.S. Dog Tags

I just got these today. All 3 are from the same soldier. Before buying them, I looked him up and found that he was a WW1 vet, and is buried in his home state of PA. So... I assume these are legit. They are my first U.S tags from that war, assuming they're real.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 U.S. Dog Tags  

Default Re: WW1 U.S. Dog Tags

Hey Mike!

I found this on a grave registry.

GERBER, William O. 1896 1938 WW1 Veteran; s/o Dennis & Helena (Hipp)

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Hey Mike!

I found this on a grave registry.

GERBER, William O. 1896 1938 WW1 Veteran; s/o Dennis & Helena (Hipp)
    Cool, I like the different things people find, unusual items...

Mike

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Cool, I like the different things people find, unusual items...

Mike
    Thanks man! I just wish somebody here could let me know if they're legit. I'm sure that they are, but ya never know. Hope you're finding some awesome pics!

Thanks man! I just wish somebody here could let me know if they're legit. I'm sure that they are, but ya never know. Hope you're finding some awesome pics!
    Just got a Hitler Youth book with alot of pics in it posted in the HJ forum, will post the pictures tomorrow when it is light...
    Those don't look fake to me...
    Mike

Glad that those guys did the right thing regarding the pics. Every antique shop I go to seems to have old lady items! For fun I ask if they want to buy some U.S. Civial War items, and most say no thanks. Sad how many people want to furnish their house with antiques, rather then own a piece of history that gave birth to freedom, and has blood, sweat, and tears!

Glad that those guys did the right thing regarding the pics. Every antique shop I go to seems to have old lady items! For fun I ask if they want to buy some U.S. Civial War items, and most say no thanks. Sad how many people want to furnish their house with antiques, rather then own a piece of history that gave birth to freedom, and has blood, sweat, and tears!
    This vender here in town has a whole booth of WW2 TR items that all look good, but the money example: A Pith hat Afric Korps want 200 for it, and luftwaffe helmit 600 so I don't know if these are good deals or not maybe I take some pics if they let me and post.

I am by far no expert, but if legit, those sound like fair prices, depending on the condition. I'll PM you some sites that sell legit stuff. Prices are high, but the stuff is authentic!

Pwny, Nice tags. And,yes-they're legit! I've handled zillions of these things and they all look different. They were, for the most part, all punched by hand,so you always see tons of variations. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast