Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 US DOUGHBOY Helmet Question...

Article about: The keystone is on the side. One side or both sides? Typically unit insignia would be on the front.

Default Re: WW1 US DOUGHBOY Helmet Question...

The keystone is on the side. One side or both sides? Typically unit insignia would be on the front.

Nice helmet, my good friend is in the 28th division (bloody bucket) currently and I live on the 28th ID highway during college. I find a lot of 28th stuff around my area but every time I do it is way overpriced.
    Can you take a closer picture showing the detail of the paint? The edge seems to have good wear but the picture with the flash looks like its brighter red like a possible repaint.

-After looking again It looks like there might have been an original 28th emblem painted underneath, and someone decided to repaint / refurbish it recently... too bad if that is the case.

There's orange rust around the edges of the Keystone. It's looking like someone cleaned off the spot and hand-painted this Keystone in place. A questionable "restoration"...I would have to recommend letting this one go.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The emblem is on just one side of the helmet.

?

I kind of noticed that about the helmet, but also I did see some original paint underneath the newer paint but it's just hard to see in the picture. I guess someone just restored it a bit. Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2