Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 US grenade vest

Article about: Hey guys,went to sell this on and was asked if its a repro as apparently they fake these a lot..I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking for if it is a reproduction,Ive found a lot on

?

Default WW1 US grenade vest

Hey guys,went to sell this on and was asked if its a repro as apparently they fake these a lot..I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking for if it is a reproduction,Ive found a lot on the net,some with same maker some with others..a fair few have the same inspector..anyone able to help with this one?
    WW1 US grenade vestWW1 US grenade vest

I owned one back in the 80's and this looks ok to me. I am surprised to hear they fake them. These were never that popular back then, as most were new old stock. But times change of course.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade,yeah I was surprised when he asked me that,they weren't overly popular during the war or after with collectors..i ended up with this in a mixed group of gear I purchased 10 odd years ago,cheers Sean

I like it. Construction looks proper as do the markings. Would look good on a mannequin display of a Dough Boy.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Cheers Wagriff

Its original. They are still relatively common and being US issue do not seem to attract the premium that British WW1 kit seems to have.

Nice find

?

Thanks for that Mark

USMC Raiders used these in WW2 hey! I enjoy my pair. because of WW2 use this maybe why a large number ended up down here

?

I didn't know the raiders used them..do you have information on there use in this outfit?

From what I know used in Bougainville 43. here's a reference from Harlan Glenn's book "Dungarees & Frog Skin"

Pic deleted I see Torch downloaded it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast