MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 US hemet

Article about: I'm a little less excited about these helmets than other posters, the second helemt would be impossible to comment on until more photos are provided of inside and other details. As for the f

Default Re: WW1 US hemet

I'm a little less excited about these helmets than other posters, the second helemt would be impossible to comment on until more photos are provided of inside and other details. As for the first, the liner appeares to be on great shape but I would question the originality of the chin strap. That being said, even if all original I don't see this helmet fetching more than $80-$100 usd as it is w/o any type of flash or other distictive markings. Most likely the USA on the front was someone handy work much later down the line and hurts the valure far more than it helps. Just my 2 cents.

Great helmets either way.

Russ

thanks, i appreciate the help. i got the first one for $40

I like the USA one. I don't have any problem with the strap yet, given the condition of the liner and tag. Rather minty. The USA could have been done for veteran parades, who knows, no sure way to know. Well worth the $40.

You can't beet $40 for any M1917 that had a good liner........good deal!

i played around and found out how to add the pictures. i added a pic of the insidee of the second one. if you wont any more i would be more then happy to load them

perhaps I was a bit to excited at first if the USA on the helmet is period it could get $150 but the other would get around $80.

want any other pictures?

a close up of the USA and a good shot of the exterior of the second one please.

ok i will do tyhat now. just to let you know the U.S.A. is now written on it is just where the cork is scraped off.

the one with usa has straps that r attached but the regular one has straps that come appart. the number are there: the zc is the one with the usa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 US hemet   WW1 US hemet  

WW1 US hemet   WW1 US hemet  

WW1 US hemet   WW1 US hemet  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2