Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 USMC Helmet

Article about: My dad has had this for sometime know. I was looking it over and I dont know anything more then the basics of WW1 helmets. This is what I do know it has a WW1 USMC emblem held in place with

?

Default WW1 USMC Helmet

My dad has had this for sometime know. I was looking it over and I dont know anything more then the basics of WW1 helmets. This is what I do know it has a WW1 USMC emblem held in place with a 1917 one penny. The liner and chin strap have Dupree and USMC stamped in a coulpe locations. Other then that I dont know is it the real thing or did somebody buggger a good helmet. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 USMC Helmet   WW1 USMC Helmet  

WW1 USMC Helmet   WW1 USMC Helmet  

WW1 USMC Helmet  

Default Re: WW1 USMC Helmet

I love it! Several regiments of Marines, the 5th and 6th Regiments if I remember correctly, were attached to the U.S Army's 2nd Infantry Division and fought in some fierce battles with the 2nd ID, including Belleau Wood. The EGA looks right, i.e. it looks like it has both latitude and longitude lines on it, which would make it the correct insignia for the period. I love the 2nd ID, and would love to own this helmet, which I think is right as rain. Nice helmet. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Thanks Jim my dad will be glad to hear that. Gary

Hi Gary, I think it is great!

Cheers, Ade.

A really beautiful helmet, i envy you
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Very nice helmet!!!

Regards

?

Hi guys glad you all like it. The thing I like about the helmet is the lucky penny behind the Marine EGA . Now if I can only get it away from Dad. Gary

A very collectable helmet.very nice piece.This look like a good one ,not like the hundred of fakes you see around.
    Chris

?

Hi Chris glad you like the helmet. I have talked dad into letting me take care of it for awile. It will be passed down to my son next. Gary

I realize this thread was from a while back, but I found a reference to a Corporal Albert D Dupree, A Company, 1st Bn, 5th Marine Regiment, which was attached to the US Army's 2nd Infantry Division and fought in the battle of Bellau Wood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast