Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??

Article about: HI, I know their was no official "Verdun" clasp but is this one period? Says "Made in France" on reverse under the hatch. Thanks!

Default ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??

HI, I know their was no official "Verdun" clasp but is this one period? Says "Made in France" on reverse under the hatch. Thanks!

ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??

Greetings,

Here are some examples of "Made in France" or "France" markings as found on period made unauthorized/fantasy bars. I would compare to yours and see if any of these patterns of French markings match. The below image is courtesy of https://www.amazon.co.uk/World-War-I...Victory+Medals

V/r Lance

Double click on image to enlarge.

ww1 Verdun Victory Clasp Original??

Yeah, it is definitely market like the bottom one in the picture! Thank you for the reference.
    So this would likely have any private purchase?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Thebryguy View Post
    Yeah, it is definitely market like the bottom one in the picture! Thank you for the reference.
    So this would likely have any private purchase?
    Well, if it wasn't officially issued/sanctioned, then yes, it had to be private purchase
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Awesome, So judging by the "Made in France" is its reasonable to assume this could be a period private purchase. Are these hard to come by?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Thebryguy View Post
    Awesome, So judging by the "Made in France" is its reasonable to assume this could be a period private purchase. Are these hard to come by?
    I think Lance gave the answer..."Here are some examples of "Made in France" or "France" markings as found on period made unauthorized/fantasy bars"

So if yours matches, yes it is period made and yes it is unauthorized (i.e. private purchase).

For the record, I don't know these from a hole in the wall. Just highlighting what Lance said.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Appreciate the help, just checking if anyone else could allude to some clarity because this is not something I have seen/heard of before..