Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Victory Medal: France Clasp, S.G. Adams Stamp and Stationery Co.

Article about: WW1 is currently not an area of militaria I'm looking to get into. But, when I saw the victory medals given out from that war I knew I at least wanted to add one of those to my collection. I

Default WW1 Victory Medal: France Clasp, S.G. Adams Stamp and Stationery Co.

WW1 is currently not an area of militaria I'm looking to get into. But, when I saw the victory medals given out from that war I knew I at least wanted to add one of those to my collection. I found one that struck me that special way these things do, and it arrived home today. I hate to admit it, because I'm big into WW2, but these seem to me to be a much nicer design and medal than the WW2 victory medals.

I agree with you, I especially like that the American WW1 Victory medal can come with multiple Bars which really give a sense of where the recipeant served. Yours looks a very nice example ,The original issue box is very nice. Are the American versions stamped around the rim with the recipeants details like the British version ? cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

I don't know if any of them were stamped along the edge, but mine is definitely not. It is quite nice on the British versions to find that though. I've seen photos, and it adds a special dimension to it. They sure seemed to go to a lot more trouble on WW1 medals with naming and commemorating them than with WW2 versions. Even the title they gave it "The Great War for Civilization" shows that it was a huge deal to have fought in that war. With WW2, everyone honored those who fought, but you could tell the war fatigue was real after two major wars, and most people seemed glad it was over and ready to get back to normal lives.