Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW1 Victory Medal - US

Article about: This is my Great-Grandfather's WW1 Victory Medal with 3 battle clasps - mint condition. He fought with the 108th Infantry Regiment - 27th Infantry Division - II Corps. The 27th ID was made u

I believe this is him
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Victory Medal - US  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Mint thought you would like these
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Victory Medal - US   WW1 Victory Medal - US  

WW1 Victory Medal - US  

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Mint thought you would like these
    Outstanding job, you are correct I love them, they are beautiful! How did you find a tunic with the 302nd unit collar tab? That must have been a challenge to find.

?

Mint I was lucky went to an antique show early the lady was setting up saw the uniform I believe I also got his sons WWII Uniform . right spot right time . picked the 77th helmet up from a friend on the forum. Gary

?

I also have this Welcome Home ribbon, does anyone know what these were for? I assume it was given as a sign of commemoration. It appears to say "MADE BY E.R. KLUGE W. CO. N.Y." at the top of the ribbon.

I have seen them for other Divisions as well.
    WW1 Victory Medal - US
    WW1 Victory Medal - US
    WW1 Victory Medal - US

I have one from my Chaplain grouping but have not researched the origins.

Marty

You might find this interesting from my grouping.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 Victory Medal - US 

?

Here is another article that I found mentioning my Great-Grandfather and the death of Private Richard Bentley, a real tragedy for sure. Private Bentley was posthumously awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for participating in a dangerous scouting mission on the La Selle River the previous day; everyone in the scouting group led by 2nd Lt. James W. Cross received the DSC award.
    WW1 Victory Medal - US

Default For the 27th Division's Welcome Home Parade in 1919.

Greetings Mint,

The small ribbon was created for the welcome home parade that the division had in 1919 (all of the division's Soldiers received one each). My grandfather's I've framed (see red arrow) within a cigar company's welcome home poster.

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click image to enlarge.

WW1 Victory Medal - US

?

Quote by MilitariaOne View Post
    Greetings Mint,

The small ribbon was created for the welcome home parade that the division had in 1919 (all of the division's Soldiers received one each). My grandfather's I've framed (see red arrow) within a cigar company's welcome home poster.

Best,

V/r Lance
    Outstanding! A great display piece, I intend to frame these as well with the rest of Frederick's medals and ribbons. He also had the U.S. Mexican Border Service Medal, the New York State Mexican Border Service Medal and the New York State Great War Service Medal, the last 2 medals were National Guard awards. The NYS-MBSM is perhaps the ugliest medal design ever made, IMO. A State of New York 1916-17 Mexican Border Service Medal

What is the name of the cigar company's poster? I would like to get one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast