MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWI American Field Service Drivers Cap

Article about: by yuengling325 A collection to be proud of! How about some closeups of the display case leaning against the trunk in the second to last photo? Sure thing . It contains medals and some artif

Default Re: WWI American Field Service Drivers Cap

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    A collection to be proud of!

How about some closeups of the display case leaning against the trunk in the second to last photo?
    Sure thing . It contains medals and some artifacts identified to an AFS driver named Fred Kurth. I posted an thread about him some time ago; here is a link.

The trunk grouping of Sgt. Fred Kurth of the Reserve Mallet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI American Field Service Drivers Cap   WWI American Field Service Drivers Cap  

?

Outstanding display!

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    Sure thing . It contains medals and some artifacts identified to an AFS driver named Fred Kurth. I posted an thread about him some time ago; here is a link.

The trunk grouping of Sgt. Fred Kurth of the Reserve Mallet
    What is the black plaque.l

?

Wonderful grouping and back story! Thanks for sharing! I collect letters from WWI and it's amazing to hear the stories in that soldier or family member's own words.

Out of curiousity, how did you happen upon this grouping? Did you know Fred's family? I'd love to hear as even the story of how the items were found amazes me sometimes, especially a large collection of personal items such as this.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Wonderful grouping and back story! Thanks for sharing! I collect letters from WWI and it's amazing to hear the stories in that soldier or family member's own words.

Out of curiousity, how did you happen upon this grouping? Did you know Fred's family? I'd love to hear as even the story of how the items were found amazes me sometimes, especially a large collection of personal items such as this.
    Thanks for the kind words. I picked Fred's group up off of eBay. Fred had no children and his effects ended up with his nephew's family. They were about to break his group up but I was able to convince them to allow me to keep his memory intact. They have been very kind and gracious and even shared with me additional items that they were going to keep. I am very greatful for the oppurtunity to keep Fred's memory alive.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    What is the black plaque.l
    Its a label off of some kind of German vehicle,,I'll get a picture up soon.

Quote by Croix de Guerre View Post
    Its a label off of some kind of German vehicle,,I'll get a picture up soon.
    This is a piece that I found interesting. I think it is a French vehicle tag for the Reserve Mallet. Any one out there seen one like it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI American Field Service Drivers Cap  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2