Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group

Article about: Here is an interesting group of medals that I stumbled across a few nights ago during my usual late night web surfing. BTW...I have already secured the group, so if you find it on the web, i

Default Re: WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group

Quote by Steven M View Post
    BTW...you guys probably don't want to see any more photos...right?
    If you must...

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Thanks for letting me keep them Major. Normally when I go to the P.O., the place has a coma-inducing effect. This morning at 0600, I was more alert while waiting on the sorting clerk that I had ever been before...wonder why?

BTW...you guys probably don't want to see any more photos...right?
    Steve,
    You know these WW1 DSC groups are a dime a dozen and everyone has one or two in their collections, but if it will make you feel better go ahead and show us the pictures. Right!!!
    Terry

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    Steve,
    You know these WW1 DSC groups are a dime a dozen and everyone has one or two in their collections, but if it will make you feel better go ahead and show us the pictures. Right!!!
    Terry
    Yea, well, since I am dirt common, I guess it is appropriate that I post just another run of the mill dirt common group. Sorry guys, I now this will be incredibly boring, but bear with me...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Since the original is lost to history (maybe), I copied and pasted the official text of the citation and made my own for display purposes.

Click on all following photos for high resolution views...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

DSC Obverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Cased French DSC, Croix de Guerre, Victory Medal Group  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Obverse close.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Reverse.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Reverse close.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Macro obverse detail1.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Macro Obverse detail 2.

Notice how the text on the ribbon continues behind the eagle's tail. The amount of detail in such a small piece is incredible. This first pattern is much smaller and thinner than the second pattern DSC that we are familiar with today.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast