MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??

Article about: Found this at a thrift store today and while it has no markings of any kind it seems to be the same color and material that I have seen WWI uniforms made of. I only paid \\$5.00 for it so if i

Default WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??

Found this at a thrift store today and while it has no markings of any kind it seems to be the same color and material that I have seen WWI uniforms made of. I only paid $5.00 for it so if it is just a junk hat I am not out much, but I it looked like it might be something so I just couldn't passit up. Funny I had to wait until a group of teenage girls got done trying it on before I could grab it. I know very little about WWI militaria so I was hoping someone could tell me if I found trash or treasure??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??   WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??  

WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??   WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??  

WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??  

Default Re: WWI Cold Weather Hat?? Anyone Know??

Actually, this is an early WWII US winter hat. A guy in Minnesota online just sold an identical one on eBay for $85 bucks. (Item number 180351699935) A kind of tough to find cap. Not bad for 5 bucks! Lucky the girlies didn't make off with it for a funny hat! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you so much for letting me know about the helmet...you don't know how bad I wanted to go over and snatch the hat away from the girls. LOL!!

Button and buckle definite US WWII.........
    Regards,

Steve.