Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

Article about: Another one that got away...siiiiigh. A fabulous grouping from a patriot who served on the Mexican Border, WW I, and was a Police officer for 33 years. We brirfly discussed this in another t

Arrow WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

Another one that got away...siiiiigh.

A fabulous grouping from a patriot who served on the Mexican Border, WW I, and was a Police officer for 33 years.
    We brirfly discussed this in another thread about medal bars, but I wanted Sgt. Lomison to have his own... wink.gif

Some career/service highlights:

Purple Heart Medal # 65295 (w/OLC)

Mexican Border Service Medal # 39685

Victory Medal (4 Clasps) Champagne-Marne, Aisne-Marne, Chateau-Thierry (Unofficial) , Oise-Aisne, Defensive Sector

Served with 12th. US Cavalry, Navahoe Indian uprising and Mexican Border Service in 1916

28th. Division, C Company, 109th Infantry

Wounded in action July 30 & September 7, 1918

Sgt. Lomison was very patriotic, and obviously loved to serve. In 1942, he registered for the draft at the age of 50. At the time, he was a police officer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

PH & MBS boxes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992

VM ribbon bar

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PH ribbon bar...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992   WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992  

WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Angled view

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PH engraving. The plating on this one is absolutely beautiful.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PH Number

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

MBS Number

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Pennsylvania State Issued MBS Medal Number (inverted on rim)

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I cannot manipulate this photo as the resolution is lost when I enlarge. I hope to obtain a better photo from the department soon. For now, here is Sgt. Lomison as identified by the arrow. Thanks for looking everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI Double Purple Heart Recipient Sgt. John Moore Lomison, March 21, 1892 - May 11, 1992 

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast