Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI Doughboy Helmet Gift!

Article about: A teacher that I work with mentioned that she had a helmet for me. She said she heard about my "hands on history" lesson, and she'd be proud to give me her great grandfather's helm

Default WWI Doughboy Helmet Gift!

A teacher that I work with mentioned that she had a helmet for me. She said she heard about my "hands on history" lesson, and she'd be proud to give me her great grandfather's helmet. She just sent these pictures and I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow. What do you fine ladies and gentlemen think?

WWI Doughboy Helmet Gift!WWI Doughboy Helmet Gift!WWI Doughboy Helmet Gift!

She also said that she has an American Civil War musket that she'd be willing to sell... She sent me pics of that too, but it looks like it's missing pieces, and to be honest, it really doesn't interest me.

?

Default Re: WWI Doughboy Helmet Gift!

Nice lid.
    You can't beat the price.

Good looking lid.....tell her I'll offer her twice as much

I guess the fliers I posted in the teachers lounge paid off!

Any idea what these things are worth?

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Nice helmet, value is probably $90 to $100.
    Steve.

I remember when they used to sell these helmets to farmers here to nail onto the tops of their chicken coop legs between the coop and the poles, to help keep rats from climbing up and getting into the coop....Wow...have times changed..lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Joe, excellent item. Write down as much history of the man as she can give you. Documenting this is important.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Joe, excellent item. Write down as much history of the man as she can give you. Documenting this is important.

Cheers, Ade.
    Will do, Ade! I'll be able to do that in about 4hrs time!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I think it might be worth a bit less than TInlids estimate but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure you can pick these up on eBay from $40 - $70 depending on the condition of the liner and chin strap. Your example looks like it would fall on the higher side, assuming the liner is still well attached. The one we have I think we picked up for $45 plus ship, the liner is coming loose though. With flash, I see them sell for a bit more, up to $120 maybe, inless they are really good examples, then they go for much more but I always question the validity of the flash myself.

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    I think it might be worth a bit less than TInlids estimate but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure you can pick these up on eBay from $40 - $70 depending on the condition of the liner and chin strap. Your example looks like it would fall on the higher side, assuming the liner is still well attached. The one we have I think we picked up for $45 plus ship, the liner is coming loose though. With flash, I see them sell for a bit more, up to $120 maybe, inless they are really good examples, then they go for much more but I always question the validity of the flash myself.
    Thanks for your opinion! Either way, I got it for the right price, and now I finally have a WWI American lid to share with my students.

How do this lids differ from WWI British lids?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast