MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WWI enlisted tank driver

Article about: This is a WWI model 1918 tunic. This style tunic has hidden pockets rather than the patch pocket style and is identical to the British style with the exception of having a full cotten liner.

?

Default WWI enlisted tank driver

This is a WWI model 1918 tunic. This style tunic has hidden pockets rather than the patch pocket style and is identical to the British style with the exception of having a full cotten liner. It also has a single row of stitching 1 inch up from end of cuff.These went into production in August 1918. The vet was a tank driver as designated by the bullion tank under the French made shoulder patch. He had 12 months overseas duty and was wounded once as designated by the bullion wire chevrons on both sleeves.
    SteveR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI enlisted tank driver   WWI enlisted tank driver  

WWI enlisted tank driver   WWI enlisted tank driver  

WWI enlisted tank driver  

Default Re: WWI enlisted tank driver

Very nice!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade.
    I think I have between 70 and 80 WWI US uniforms and about 3 dozen WWI US helmets about half of them with unit insignias painted on them. I am not sure on the numbers I quit counting in the late 80,s.
    SteveR

Steve, super tunic !...I debated some years ago, wether to expand my German WW1 collection to include WW1 U.S. tunics/helmets etc, as they were very affordable a few years ago, sadly (or stupidly !) I did not !....since then they have shot up in price, and now I wish I had !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Steve, super tunic !...I debated some years ago, wether to expand my German WW1 collection to include WW1 U.S. tunics/helmets etc, as they were very affordable a few years ago, sadly (or stupidly !) I did not !....since then they have shot up in price, and now I wish I had !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Prost friend.
    If we could only know the future of this stuff.
    Both of my Grandfathers were WWI vets and I wound up with their stuff in the 70's when thye passed away and it has grown since then.
    SteveR

SteveR do you have any summer weight tunics in your collection? I just picked up a summer weight and I was wondering if mine is WWI or post war. I will post some photos asap. I just started collecting WWI and inter-war items over the summer and have run across some great items. But I was wondering what books I should try and get to identify WWI and 1920s uniforms. I'm interested in the changes and how to date the late teens to the early 30s stuff.
    Last edited by soalebm; 12-18-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Here is my summer weight tunic I just picked up. It is a 1912 I guess because as you said it has the double stitch on the cuff. Are these uniforms regularly found in good condition because they were unissued or just because the cotton holds up so well?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI enlisted tank driver   WWI enlisted tank driver  

WWI enlisted tank driver   WWI enlisted tank driver