Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI First Army Uniform Grouping

Article about: I am happy to present my first uniform purchase of any branch, any service and from any war, and I'm happier than a pig in slop to have it in the collection. A WWI 1st Army Signal Corp group

Default Re: WWI First Army Uniform Grouping

Great pick up and a wonderful group.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Sig patch is great... nice set

Quote by colt45 View Post
    Sig patch is great... nice set
    First army also? Looks like a great uniform from that photo.

That helmet Does look unissued...I'm wondering if this guy ever did see Europe, or was he one of the thousands who enlisted and then the war ended before he could be shipped out. You need to do some research on this Jewish sounding Sargent!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    That helmet Does look unissued...I'm wondering if this guy ever did see Europe, or was he one of the thousands who enlisted and then the war ended before he could be shipped out. You need to do some research on this Jewish sounding Sargent!
    I was wondering the exact same thing. Even if he never saw Europe its still a great uniform. Definitely does not take away from the fascination at all. I do plan to research him when I can find the time. The dog tags should make it fairly easy to find the exact guy. If I can find his burial site and it's close enough to me, I think I will stop by, pay my respects and let him know his uniform is still around after all this time. Having a uniform and knowing who it belonged to makes it more than just a uniform to me.

Absolutely! A Fine WWI set with Many great "extra" pieces to go along with it! They don't all need blood stains and bullet holes to be A1 collectables!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very nice mdl. 1917 tunic with a great grouping to go with it. The helmet is very nice.
    You did very well buddy.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Very nice mdl. 1917 tunic with a great grouping to go with it. The helmet is very nice.
    You did very well buddy.
    Thank you! Im beyond pleased with the grouping.

I will be hanging onto this set for a Very long time, but I'm curious if anyone can put an estimated value on this grouping? I paid $390 USD + tax (seller had $500 on it but i got hom down 110) I've seen tunics alone going for $150-200, without pants, caps or helmets.

No idea on value but it's a great set mate. I can see why you were excited over the helmet though, the most mint WW1 lid I have ever see. Will look great displayed!

Cheers
    Jason

With everything you got and the condition being exellent, I'd say $390.00 is a great buy. WWI stuff has seen a jump in prices the last few years. I wish I would have picked up more along the way.

Thanks
    Burt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast