Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWI French Tankers Helmet

Article about: I picked this up for a friend of mine who has a WWI museum in MN. I wanted to document prior to giving it to him since I have not ever seen one before and thought it might be a good referenc

Default WWI French Tankers Helmet

I picked this up for a friend of mine who has a WWI museum in MN. I wanted to document prior to giving it to him since I have not ever seen one before and thought it might be a good reference for future use. Interesting item.
    John
    WWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers HelmetWWI French Tankers Helmet

I think this might be from WW2 rather than WW1. My reasons for believing this are that the army insignia is the circular version created for the 1926 Adrian which I don't think was around during WW1, it bears a strong resemblance to the French WW2 tank helmet, and I think the French tankers from WW1 used a standard m15 with artillery badge for head protection. Still an amazing helmet, the scratched in name really makes it and the leather looks to be in great condition too.

Heres a link to a thread that shows multiple WW2 French tanker helmets I'm pretty sure the bottom one has the same shell as yours: French helmets model 1935

Thank you for the info and the link. Much appreciated.
    John