Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WWI Gor Blimey

Article about: Hi All, As a new member to the forum I wanted to introduce myself and thank you for your informative and interesting forum. With the centennial fast approaching this past year or I have trie

For the price the J. Bodsworth book should be hardbound with beautiful color plates. It looks like they did it on a high end printer at home~~~~~ LOL! I hadn't purchased a good WWI Brit reference for a long time and Paul at WD militaria said it was the best to come along so I bit. I also gave the publisher a piece of my mind after receiving. If Schiffer or Bender had done it it would have been much better. As is --still loaded with good info.

PJC
    ?

Thanks for your insight Gents!
    As a relatively novice collector of WW1 militaria I definitely want to be informed before entering the potential minefield of Great War material!
    What would you say are the most important characteristics that define a early WW1 Gor Blmey cap compared to later film props and/or "replicas?" I know that the period caps themselves had slight differences but any "tests" would help.
    Thanks!

Period materials and workmanship. Handle as much original WWI militaria as you can get to in shops, shows, other guys collections....feel and smell it too. These old pieces have a certain old musty stink to them. Buy the reference books then read and re-read them. I was hoping Aster would be posting his 1920's era prop cap just to see how it was done.

The Pollendine book has arrived, it looks good though I have only had a quick glance through it. Nice hard back with quality glossy pictures through out.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My copy arrived yesterday and my wife hasn't had a sensible word out of me since! Very good book, just want them to hurry up and publish the next volume!

- - ------- - -

My copy arrived yesterday and my wife hasn't had a sensible word out of me since! Very good book, just want them to hurry up and publish the next volume!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3