Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

16th Irish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

"Two more unsure of year for Lancers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  

Irish Guards.Note the size of the Caubeen

Found these two at the local boot fair the other day, these seem to be popping up quite often recently for some reason and not necessarily on the usual postcard collectors stools. i suppose people just kept hold of them and think to sell them as we are nearing the 100th anniversary. although i always feel bad the families or whoever these Postcards belonged to don't want to keep them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

?

nice cards , excellent history

another 2 including a stereoscope 3d image.

Good to see so many replies to this thread and as a useful reference thread I have stuck it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Heres one from my collection, just to show one from a different front really. Cheers.

A few more picked more or less randomly. I have almost 2 albums of ww1/2 postcards and photos so unfortunatly I wont be uploading them all any time soon The top group photo shows cooks of the 5th North Staffs.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast