MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

7th Welsh cyclist Battalion, circa 1912 Note blackened Welsh cap and welsh dragon collar badges including rifles buttons, the tunic would be rifles green with a red trim. The metal shoulder titles were also blackened, T over 7 over Welsh.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Here's one I picked up recently.

The Commonwealth troops are obviously in summer mode and I find it interesting to see the hessian covers on their helmets as well as the German wearing some kind of gaiters around his legs instead of the usual boots or puttees.

It's a generic card from the battle in Flanders 1917. I'm guessing the battle of Messine because of the shorts.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  

Couple I found this morning

Not a pc but a phoot, unnamed Welsh major in cuff rank tunic with family. He appears to have a SA pair of medals up along with another medal. The original is super sharp but I have to shrink it to post it here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default U.S. Postcards

Here's a couple from my collection I hope you find interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Some of my WW1 period postcards, neither of them are used, but they both came from a relative of mine.

Matt

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Not a pc but a phoot, unnamed Welsh major in cuff rank tunic with family. He appears to have a SA pair of medals up along with another medal. The original is super sharp but I have to shrink it to post it here.
    Still pretty sharp Mate great card, the kid's expression is priceless! lucky shot!

?

?

Nice band photo. Notice the African American which is uncommon in a segregated Army. Band must have been made up from most talented members of bands from different units who played certain instruments. In this case string instruments, banjos, mandolins, guitars and a cello. This is logical seeing no brass instruments.

285th ATC, Buxton, around 1916.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast