Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

WWI period postcards

Article about: Picked these up today. One French of the Somme I think, one of a member of the Army Service Corps with cloth title and ammo bandoleer, one asking for donations for tobacco for the troops wit

jwp
    ?

I picked this one up recently, was pleased to find it as it will display nicely with my princess mary tin !, I have been informed that this version was sent to those serving in the navy, the army version has the king in a field marshal's uniform.
    john.WWI period postcardsWWI period postcards

NCA
    ?

As promised a couple of mine.The one on the left is an actual photograph.Two young and patriotic boys dressed as soldiers with a wreath containing a picture of the King.Showing support for an older serving brother?or maybe their Father?If so, did he survive?Who knows.And to the left a fine portrait of Norfolk regiment soldier sporting a nice 1914 pattern belt.If my research proves correct this man was KIA in France in 1917.This is gleaned from writing on the back of the card and some other cards I got with these, all being a large family group of cards.More to come soon.

WWI period postcards

Really great postcards indeed please keep them coming they are fasinating to look at...............Jake.

jwp
    ?

a handsome looking north Staffordshire regiment officer, sadly I don't know his name, this card came with a lot I purchased that belonged to a lady who was a VAD nurse at the east leeds war hospital.
    john.WWI period postcards

Quote by jwp View Post
    a handsome looking north Staffordshire regiment officer, sadly I don't know his name, this card came with a lot I purchased that belonged to a lady who was a VAD nurse at the east leeds war hospital.
    Lovely detailed officer portrait John, thanks for showing it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

a different angle with this card from my collection, it shows Belgian refugees that stayed in a village close to where I live.

Late WWI or very early post war, an officer of the RWF, a recent addition to my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards  
    Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

two more pics from my grandmothers family album, the kings own man is William sanderson, gradmothers cousin, the RA chap is one of her neighbours, walter lewis, both men survived the war.
    john.WWI period postcardsWWI period postcards

Boer war period of the Drummers & Pioneers of the Welsh Regiment, nice detail of the slade wallace equipment including the water bottle. Also shows the regimental goat, which all Welch regiments had.

WWI period of an OR of the South Wales Borderers. Shows his cap badge and metal shoulder titles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Latest arrival, 4th/5th BN (composite) the Welsh Regiment. A very rare picture as it shows the formation patch, a pale green triangle.

On the reverse it has written,

11-11-18

With my best love

To Ruth

Egypt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI period postcards   WWI period postcards  

Regards,

Jerry

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast