Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWI US 33rd division helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I am considering purchasing this m 1917 helmet with insignia from the 33rd infantry division and i just wanted to make sure it is authentic. Besides the missing liner, it loo

?

Default WWI US 33rd division helmet

Hello everyone,

I am considering purchasing this m 1917 helmet with insignia from the 33rd infantry division and i just wanted to make sure it is authentic. Besides the missing liner, it looks ok to me, i just want to be 100% sure its good. If better photos are needed i will try to get them, as they were taken by the seller. Also, the stamp on the helmet is ZG 56

Thanks,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US 33rd division helmet   WWI US 33rd division helmet  

WWI US 33rd division helmet   WWI US 33rd division helmet  

?

A better close up shot of the insignia is necessary to make any decision sir.

?

Hello steve,
    Thanks for replying... I will try to get some better pics, but besides the paint, does the rest look ok?

?

Looks alright to me, but as Steve has said, better pictures of the painted division insignia would be needed to be positive.

Here is mine.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US 33rd division helmet  

?

I am pretty sure it is good friend.

Nice original Helmet,shame the liner is missing,but still a good displaying pot,have you purchased it?.................

?

I did buy the helmet and it arrived today. It is in delicate condition (mainly the chinstrap) but the price was right and it does make a good display piece. Here are some pics. Some things i have noted that the chinstrap has a few tears that have been taped and it is marked on the strap 7 1/8. Does this number refer to the liner size? The heat stamp is ZG56 and someone has written the number 175 in pencil. Does anyone know what any of these markings stand for? Any comment would be appreciated.

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US 33rd division helmet   WWI US 33rd division helmet  

WWI US 33rd division helmet   WWI US 33rd division helmet  

?

Can't help you with the numbers, but it looks like a decent WWI combat vet with the wartime sandy over paint. It should display very well!

Jim

?

Thank you Jim, i am very happy i got it

Michael