Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI US Third Army Uniform

Article about: The patch indicates the Army of Occupation rather than the 3rd army and is german made. He was overseas for 1 year That design patch wasn't assigned as the 3rd Army until WWII. The tunic is

Default WWI US Third Army Uniform

Hello, guys and gals. No SOS for me this year, so I had to pick up something at another location. Here is a named WWI US Third Army, Signals uniform. Is this a British made tunic? The pants look to be marked to a firm in Chicago. Thoughts and comments appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI US Third Army Uniform   WWI US Third Army Uniform  

WWI US Third Army Uniform   WWI US Third Army Uniform  

Default Re: WWI US Third Army Uniform

Is that a broad arrow? That might mean it was made in England? It is a beauty, I always have liked the WWI and interwar tunics since their construction quality is outstanding. Nice set

When I bought it, a few other people were looking at it and we were discussing it being a broad arrow indicating British manufacture. I do find myself attracted to these WWI uniforms. A mix of fancy and crude. By far my favorite US uniform design.

My fiances Grandfathers WWI tunic seems to be a higher quality one made in New York. I have not studied these as much.
    WWI Tunics are going up in price while WWII are staying pretty low, at least in my area. I would like to find a WWI before they are out of my Range.
    My favorite design is the 20-30s they are the best quality IMO, I know where one is at and plan on getting it Saturday if it is still there, hopefully!

Can't remember if I've asked you this, and I probably have, which part of PA are you in? I got this at the show at the York fairgrounds off I83. This makes uniform #3 for me. Unfortunately I have no way to display them.

Im from the North Western part (near Erie) away from everyone on the forum , but my dad worked in York for a while not to long ago (state police). My ladies house is near Pittsburgh so I get around PA.
    Is there some kind of show in York? maybe I can make it next year.

Ah yeah you're way up there. My dads from Pittsburgh. It's the Tri County Knife and Gun show. It has one or two militaria dealers every year. They have the show a few times a year. Mostly guns and surplus junk. I pick up one or two things every year. I went for a silver IAB but Gebhart already sold that, so I walked out with this, lol. Can't leave empty handed.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Can't leave empty handed.
    I know what you mean

?

Great uniform . Gary

Thanks Gary. These have grown on me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast