Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?

Article about: Hello I was thinking about buying this helmet and I really want to know if it is authentic or not? Also what are these helmets generally worth and what is good price to pay? Any help will be

?

Default WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?

Hello
    I was thinking about buying this helmet and I really want to know if it is authentic or not? Also what are these helmets generally worth and what is good price to pay? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?   WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?  

WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?   WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?  

WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?  

Default Re: WWII French Generals Helmet Authentic?

Not really my area, but I havent seen any fake French helmets, its always been M18's and other German helmet fakes that I've seen. It looks ok to me, but I think this is for someone thats an expert.

Thanks

Danny

?

Looks like a normally Adrian M 26, but is'nt a general helmet, IMO the price for that one must be in around of 80 eur
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The helmets themselves are not faked. But I believe that the various types of insignia used on the front are copied.

Sorry I cannot help more than that.

Cheers, Ade.

Most French general officer's helmets had a braided leather chinstrap, not a cheap one like this.

The helmet seems very much thrown about. Not something most generals did with their property. I wonder whether the grenade is a Gendarmerie emblem and not army?

Cheers,
    Emile