Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

(Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark

Article about: Hi After seeing on posted by another member I had a look through my collection and I found these two beauties. They both have rather faint makers marks which is not often found on these badg

Default (Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark

Hi

After seeing on posted by another member I had a look through my collection and I found these two beauties.

They both have rather faint makers marks which is not often found on these badges. Enjoy!

The hat badge is made by the firm of Tiptaft of Birmingham. And the collar badge is made by the firm Stokes and Sons of Melbourne.

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture (Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark   (Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark  

(Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark   (Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark  

4md
    ?

Default Re: (Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark

Nice ones, im yet to get a Tiptaft they seem to be a little harder to get hold of

regards Paul

Default Re: (Yet Another) WW1 Australian Hat badge And Collar Badge With Makers Mark

Nice Cam and as Paul mentioned,the Tiptaft marked examples tend to be harder to get or at least are more expensive, partly because there is a misconception that they were only used by a desirable unit, which I think is incorrect, but not my area to have my own opinion on this, nice badges either way.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi

Thanks guys. Not bad for freebies!

Cameron