Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN At that price, I would have some long thoughts about selling one of the two in my collection. Bob well if you like to sell one from yours i think i know a guy that can be inte

?

Default Re: 10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???

Jim,
    A little chuckle for you...
    Roy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: 10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???

Thanks Roy,There has been a few cases where the guy is setting in his hocked house,but the woman is gone out of the picture.

?

Can anyone tell me why the cloth RFSS tag shows so much wear under a sweat shield ? another point I'd like to know "was this hat built in say 1936" and then sold at a later date , 1938-39 ? I have never seen a cloth RFSStag in a visor cap later than say 1936 ? isn't this label only found on early pre -1936 black caps ?

?

Interesting questions. I see it has sold already though, someone was obviously not concerned about the details!

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I believe the gray NCO visors to be far rarer than the gray officer caps.

And I wonder, why is that? You would think there were more SS NCO visors than officer ones. Because most NCO visors didn't survive the war?

?

This one is also for sale at the WAF for 10000 USD
    Waffen SS Officers Visor Cap - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    If I will chose from the collector's guide and this one, I will without doubts choose the collectpr's visor. IMO the shown on the WAF is a 40% overpriced
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

And as you can see - good items like we discuss here, waits for the buyer- first cap from guild is SOLD
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This one is also for sale at the WAF for 10000 USD
    Waffen SS Officers Visor Cap - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    If I will chose from the collector's guide and this one, I will without doubts choose the collectpr's visor. IMO the shown on the WAF is a 40% overpriced

Without wishing to throw gasoline on the fire, the leading dealers in no. America seem to follow on another closely as concern prices, thus I should like to know where one can find discounted regalia of this kind that is of the high quality and low price we all seek? I am plainly in the wrong place. But, truth be told, I am much more interested in the historical aspects of the regalia and far less in the issues of dealers and the willingness of certain collectors to pay high prices. The latter theme has filled perhaps more space in these fora than is warranted, I think.

Perhaps the regalia can be separated somehow from the dealers at least in these fora, where one can then pillory the dealers and others can analyze the regalia? For myself, I am not interested in the routine dealer bashing, since they have no monopoly on bad behavior, plainly. But such an issue goes outside the confines here and, finally, leads to a deep pit.

As concerns the statement above on the RFSS tags, I have numerous photographic examples of these items in use past 1936, but because I am leaving for a business trip, I cannot post them. I shall happily do so on my return, however.
    Such things were routinely used in caps of the date 1937 and perhaps later, surely, which I have on good authority from one of the very leading world SS collectors, whose name is known to you all, but I shall not cite him for reasons of sensible discretion.

I think the grey enlisted cap with all the markings was an impressive piece. If personages have issues with material on the Whamond site, I know from experience that the proprietor is always open to relevant data and information. In fact, his behavior sets an exemplary standard as compared to many others.

Happy headwear.

PS the piece for sale on WAF is also an attractive and authentic one, but I rather think that the enlisted cap with the marks is far more rare.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    PS the piece for sale on WAF is also an attractive and authentic one, but I rather think that the enlisted cap with the marks is far more rare.
    I'd agree with that. There's no question that such a cap as seen here is at least 3 or more times more rare to find compared to a grey Officers cap. If you therefore compare prices, even if it's still CG prices, this cap was actualy pretty good value.

Where can you find such caps at much lower prices? that's the key isn't it and always a matter of big slices of luck, hours of searching and good timing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4