MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields

Article about: Hey All, I picked up this pith recently, I have no doubts about the hat itself, its a bit on the salty side with sweat stains and all, marked nicely with the size and maker/date, my question

Default 1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields

Hey All,
    I picked up this pith recently, I have no doubts about the hat itself, its a bit on the salty side with sweat stains and all, marked nicely with the size and maker/date, my question is about the shields, I havent held or seen "up close" enough real examples to feel sure about these, from what I read and studied they look good IMO, but the parts that should be colored white have turned greyish, from age or sun? they look pebbled not pitted which is a good thing from what I have read, I do not want to take them off, they have 3 prongs on the back and the prongs have some patina, maybe Im being too paranoid but maybe someone can tell from these photos if they are good or bad, Thanks for looking and any help is appreciated.
    1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1st Pattern Heer Pith for review and shields

Hello! For me it is a good one. To keep...

Looks fine and the shields as well IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I like it too.

?

Looks like a keeper.

Looks good.
    chris

?

I have bought a few of them now, with the help of especially Jerry. I can say they look just fine

Regards, Lars

Thanks guys, I have seen so many types of these shields is so many different conditions and colors, I am very skittish when collecting this stuff, which is a good thing! Does anyone have any period photos of these in use? I cant find many online.