Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

2019 Pomona Show in Pictures

Article about: Great show this year--nice stuff at (getting more) reasonable prices. I will just randomly post. SS Officers:

& another random table:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2019 Pomona Show in Pictures  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2019 Pomona Show in Pictures
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    One of my favorite dealers table: Walter Dudgeon
    Walter is a good guy. He goes to a crazy amount of shows. I just spoke with him at our little San Antonio show last month.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    Walter is a good guy. He goes to a crazy amount of shows. I just spoke with him at our little San Antonio show last month.
    Todd, I agree 100%--he always has the best insignia selection of any dealer I know.
    The crazy thing is that he lives only 10 minutes north of me, but the only time I see him is at shows in Louisville, Pomona, etc--he is away almost every weekend!

Quote by TWS View Post
    Granted relics are crisscrossing the globe daily, but you have to remember that American G.I.'s were extremely souvenir hungry and brought back tons and tons of this stuff to the U.S. in 1945 and even into the Allied occupation years.
    I have no clear idea of the percentages of WWII militaria brought into the U.S. through collector purchasing (well after the war) versus the amount brought back by G.I.'s , but the G.I.'s certainly brought back/mailed back a tremendous amount. That's really how WWII militaria collecting got it's "jump start" over here.
    In the book 'Blood Red Snow' by Gunter Koschorrek - at the very end in 1945 he is in hospital. The American GIs would come in to the hospital to exchange cigarettes for any medals they could get. Some GIs were very keen to grab a souvenir, the rarer the better.
    The author sold all of his for cigarettes. By that stage he was in a bad way and i think he just wanted to forget the war.

nick

My good friend, advanced collector Vic P, scored this mint HJ cap marked to an Adolf Hitler Schule:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2019 Pomona Show in Pictures  

Great photos Chris. Thanks for posting them.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This was a first--an HJ Overseas cap in winter-weight wool with carmine (not red) piping:

TWS
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    In the book 'Blood Red Snow' by Gunter Koschorrek - at the very end in 1945 he is in hospital. The American GIs would come in to the hospital to exchange cigarettes for any medals they could get. Some GIs were very keen to grab a souvenir, the rarer the better.
    The author sold all of his for cigarettes. By that stage he was in a bad way and i think he just wanted to forget the war.

nick
    Yes sir. I have the book and I remember that part.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that M41 tunic on the left in this photo.
    I have a photo of my father wearing one very similar.
    Ralph.

2019 Pomona Show in Pictures
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5