Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 Special hats

Article about: I thought I would share with the forum members 3 very nice hats that were brought back by my father in 1945. These hats spurred me into becoming interested in the collecting of TR related mi

Dan D
    ?

Default Re: 3 Special hats

All -

Thank you for your kind remarks on the hats brought back by my father. I will be posting the SD Q64 Heer helmet he brought back in the helmet forum later.

Code:
    What did your father do in the war?
    From 1944 - 1945 and part of Gen. Patton's 3rd Army, he was platoon Sgt of the 87th "Acorn" Division, 345th Infantry - "I" Company and was instrumental in driving the Panzer Divisions away from the encircled Americans at the Battle of The Bulge.

After the war he continued his career as a commisioned officer in the Army for another 35 years to retire in 1981 as the senior 06 / Col. of the Army. He also fought in Korea and Viet Nam.

The family was fortunate enough to spend the majority of his career in Germany (24 years), from Nurnberg (where I was born), Garmisch, Munchen, Augsberg, Heidelberg, Mannheim, Munster, Bayreuth, Pirmasens, and also Landsberg am Lech where I was stationed for 4+ years. My only regret is I did not start collecting until after his passing in 1983 - well after my time in Germany.

Here are a few of my favorite hats of his: (although not TR they are, I feel appropriate, but they can be moved by moderator if necessary to the US forum)

OS from his time with the 345th and photo of my father in his Ike jacket and OS hat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Special hats   3 Special hats  

3 Special hats   3 Special hats  

2. # ADS

Dan D
    ?

His Dress Mess visor from when he retired and his White Mess visor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Special hats   3 Special hats  

3 Special hats  

?

Thanks, Dan.

Remarkable images, indeed.

These are treasured items that have a family history and MO should never be parted with but passed down to other generations of your family.

Thank you again for showing !

rgds, Tyrone

Hello,
    As all caps belonged to your dad and are part of the same grouping, they will remain in this thread, no need to post them in the US forum...
    Thanks again for sharing them with us
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2