Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Adler Schule!

Article about: OK, as promised, since there seems to be some confusion on TR eagles, here is a list of the most commonly confused (and misnomered). In any event, this list is not definitive, and if anyone

Default Re: Adler Schule!

Thank you all for your comments and additions to the thread. I would like to keep this one going to show all the ways various individuals ignored the "textbook" (a phrase F-B detests, btw)
    and took liberties with their insignia. Most of these liberties were actually taken by the hat-maker him/her-self, in that they were using what was at hand.

Here is an SS Officer visor on Hannah's site with an M-37 political eagle--most likely due to a simple shortage of SS eagles at the time made:
    Attached Images Attached Images Adler Schule! 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adler Schule!
    P
    Many

This one is out of my own personal collection. It is a pre-RZM HJ Leaders visor for a Bannfuhrer on the Staff of the RJF. It was originally made with the m-27 eagle. As we know, the HJ did not receive modernized uniforms until 1938. The HJ leader who owned this visor chose to attempt to modernize it himself by adding an M-37 eagle (the next year, he would have to buy a whole new hat!):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adler Schule!  

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    just curious, why did the germans waste their time making so many different kinds of adlers? you would think that 1 or 2 kinds would be enough lol...
    That is a question which the answer to could fill a book. It gets into psychology and tradition--the simple man becoming special by virtue of his uniform. Think of the obverse--say the Germans used simple Maoist green baggy uniforms with an m-27 eagle in lieu of the red star (which would have been much easier, and much cheaper, to produce)--would the Nazis have had the attraction that they did at the time? Would they have been as respected? Would their morale have been as high, when everyone looked like everyone else? The bottom line is that people like to be singled out for distinction in a militarized state, and the Germans had a history of it going back many years. Anyway, we could discuss that issue over the course of another thread....

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Hi Stonemint, is the bullion adler in no10 Italian made?

Thanks, Jerry
    Jerry, no, it is toned gold bullion from a Forestry General's visor made in Germany by Clemens Wagner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adler Schule!   Adler Schule!  

Attached Images Attached Images Adler Schule! 

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Jerry, no, it is toned gold bullion from a Forestry General's visor made in Germany by Clemens Wagner.
    Thanks for the detailed answer Stonemint
    Its good when people explain what is what, thanks again.

Jerry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3