Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze

Article about: One of my favorite hats , only one missing grommet and its too small . Gift from an Uncle who had a brother in the Artillery , have some of his flashes ,I'll post later . Any suggestions on

?

Default re: Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze

I have the twin to this guy (an NZ soldiers souvenir) - same size/year/manufacturer. The twill is a softer, thinner weight so the shape will always retain that 'floppyness'.
    Mark
    PS - The cockade was removed at some point by a member of the veteran's family, while the eagle is untouched and original to the cap....strange!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze   Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze  

Last edited by NZMark; 05-12-2012 at 12:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Quote by NZMark View Post
    I have the twin to this guy (an NZ soldiers souvenir) - same size/year/manufacturer. The twill is a softer, thinner weight so the shape will always retain that 'floppyness'.
    Mark
    PS - The cockade was removed at some point by a member of the veteran's family, while the eagle is untouched and original to the cap....strange!
    These were always one of my favorite hats , love the color and shape . Had a field made splinter pattern with panzer soutache many years ago but the eagle and cockade were on green not black material so I got cold feet and returned it ,didn't have a site like this too tell me if it was good or not . Wish I did .
    I'd like to see the rest of your display ,if possible . It looks good ,from what I can see . But I must say my hat is a 59 ,the 9 is a little smudged . But still a good pair , they might have spent some time together in Italy lol .

?

You're right, of course! I just enlarged the image you posted of the liner and it is indeed a '9'.
    Without detracting from your wonderful cap, here's another shot (now with correct later pattern cockade) taken this morning on a different mannequin...
    Regards,
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze   Afrikakorps M40 Feldmütze  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2