Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello guys - what do you think about this one? thanks!

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeNotice the differences.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

It is no sin to have a very real SS cap with badges that might not be as good. I have seen such for nearly fifty years.
    In any case, very nice caps and thanks for sharing them with us.
    We are all forced to look for these silly Deschler badges all the time.

You might also post your close ups in our "scull" thread, and you will get expert analysis from the badge experts. I own many of these, but I never tear them off the cap and I do not examine all facets with a microscope and such. I admire them with my fading eyesight.

Siehe da! SS metal cap insignia forum at War relics forum

Thanks for the research material, tips and info. I'll post the scull in the thread too ... Nice to see so many examples.

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze
    Quote by eddyvds View Post
    Thanks for the research material, tips and info. I'll post the scull in the thread too ... Nice to see so many examples.
    Thank you for sharing your nice things. We specialize in these caps hereabouts. Happy collecting and be of good cheer.

I would also note that the 1934 cap has a kind of Danziger Totenschaedel I have not seen, so this stuff is always a mixed bag. These caps might have been used in theatrical productions or such, and get the badges mixed up. I have a 1938 black officer's cap that came from Barrandov in Prague, and it had jumbled badges but is a totally real cap.

It is the cap in the foreground right.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. The Hoheitszeichen is alright, but I think the Totenschaedel is off somehow. .
    I would agree with you dear friend.

Thanks, Ben. The early cap is especially interesting, as I have not seen a Lubstein of this early date and with the early badges intact nor this style of the Danziger badge....!!

?

Yes indeed, an interesting example. Notice how the side lining is sewn to the pasteboard. A detail most often seen in the early 1930's.

Algemeine SS - visor Cap - SchirmmützeAlgemeine SS - visor Cap - Schirmmütze
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Yes indeed, an interesting example. Notice how the side lining is sewn to the pasteboard. A detail most often seen in the early 1930's.
    These are similar, and I have other ca. 1933 or 1934 caps that are made the same way.

Ben has the keenest eye for such arcane and essential details, particularly as the 1933 or 1934 SS cap is now widely faked.

This cap also has silver runics versus gold runics, which is also to be found on early caps, as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast